SCHOOL (Not College, Uni) discount in UK Apple Store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by technolliegy, Mar 22, 2011.

1. technolliegy macrumors newbie

Is it possible? I'm 15 and go to secondary school, and at the moment I plan on buying a Macbook Pro through the online store so I can recieve the education discount as well as making use of the printer offer. Are both of these plausible if I go to an Apple Store? And if I can't do it in-store and buy it online, how will they know I go to school? What is different in the process?

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Your 15. Don't you have to go to school? I would go into an Apple store and see what happens.

3. Lloydehhh macrumors member

4. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

If you are in school you won't get the HE discount.

http://store.apple.com/uk-edu is the best you can get, your 15 now so i assume you will be starting College or University in September anyway so you could wait till then.

5. technolliegy, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2011

technolliegy thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, but what proof would they need, or none because of how I look?

And also, does the 50% printer deal apply in-store or is it an online thing?

I'm not looking to do the HE or FE education discount, but the School one?

"School or any
    other education establishment.
    Shop Now"

Isn't that for secondary school?

6. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

Yes and that is the link i sent you, you wont get the same deals as the HE one though just a tiny discount if any.

7. technolliegy thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh I'm fine with that, it now means the top spec Macbook pro 15" is in by budget so I'm happy. So would the discount for School work instore if I go with my parents to buy the laptop there and then? If I ask to get the discount, would they theoretically just give it to me?

8. bigjobby macrumors 65816

Try calling your nearest Apple store and asking. Also, don't forget to note the name of whoever you speak to just in case they don't offer what they quoted on the phone when you visit the store.

9. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

The HE discount works in store though i have never tried the normal education discount, though if i was the floor manager i would be suspicious you were trying to get this cheeper for your parents so online may prove less hassle.

10. grazykid macrumors newbie

the HE works when u show them ur student card, you will probably need some kind of proof that says u are enrolled in the school u are in. The printer thing still works for HE, don't know about school education though

11. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

A school is an education establishment! You should be able to get the discount in store as well. Just bring some proof.

Full details of UK education discount- http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1103022

12. Canedrive macrumors member

@ the OP...

If you're going to college it may be worth hanging on for a few months. I just received a FE discount on a 17" MBP and got the full 15% off - the same as the HE discount.

13. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

FE discount varies. Not all FE students get the same deal, it is quite complex! See the tread I linked above.