School of Rock tops iTunes List. Due to Apple TV Commercial?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by 05elstonc, Apr 20, 2007.

1. 05elstonc macrumors regular

05elstonc

Perhaps the Apple TV commercials are having an impact because School of Rock is now #1 on the iTunes Movie list.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I still haven't seen it, but so many personality-wise different people have recommended it to me that now, I think I have to....

3. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

I actually thought it was quite fun, despite not being a fan of Jack Black's usual style. There were a few unnecessary moments in the film, but that's to be expected.

4. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Could be, or maybe it's just that School of Rock was a really good movie.

5. x86isslow macrumors 6502a

School of Rock is a masterpiece.

6. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

7. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

:( Yeah, but it's funny.

8. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

It's been on cable TV of late, so its popularity has grown. I thought it was well done.

9. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i'm not a big jack black fan, but i loved this movie. it deserves to be in the top spot.

10. Cult Follower macrumors 6502a

Cult Follower

I think it's a great movie, but I think the commercial has something to do with its popularity.

11. the vj macrumors 6502a

Yes and no. Jack Black over acted his character but that is what he do.

The movie is about what is important and the reasons of rock music, otherwise the genre will be lost.

With so much technology now days anybody can do electronic music, even people who has no musical education. I do not mean rockers did but at least they were able to play a guitar and back in those days rock has a meaning.

Today ( an I am telling you this because I do electronic music and deal with DJ ) 98% of the electronic music has probably 2 chords at the most from start to end, the rest are just filters and drum patterns.

There is where School of Rock comes in, remembering the bands different members playing each one an instrument in real time. Where do you see that happening today? Not any more.

12. johnee macrumors 6502a

johnee

let's see if there is another commercial using a different movie, then we'll have two data points!

actually not cause apple would probably use another popular movie. they would have to use a slightly less popular movie, which they wouldn't do. I'm thinking they might use Pirates Of The Caribbean II or something.