School Project Help (Win VS. Mac OS X)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bushido, Jan 10, 2010.

1. bushido Suspended

bushido

hi

i need some help for a school project due on thursday. My topic is "differences between windows os and mac os x" considering i just started using a mac i'm kind of a noob and all i can really find on the net is silly ppl making fun of windows which doesnt really help.

i need some aspects like what it is based on or just how it works differently on daily basis in general. mac os x is based on unix right? i need it as simple as it can get cuz i already dont understand the wiki explanation.

thx a lot in advance! any help is appreciated :)

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

http://www.xvsxp.com/ I read this after I switched to Mac OS X and it was a great resource. (try that translated into german, that sounds strange.)

http://www.macvswindows.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Also a more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses.
    To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

4. bushido thread starter Suspended

bushido

5. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

Make sure when writing you look beyond the differences in UI, you might find the under the hood differences very interesting!

6. bushido thread starter Suspended

bushido

all sounds great im gonna read through it and get back to ya all. thx for the help everyone appreciated! :) now i'm already smarter hehe

7. NathanCH macrumors 65816

NathanCH

Also don't be a dick. I bet a majority of people in that class use Windows and some of them will hate mac. The last thing you want to do is come off as jerk.

Make sure to point out Window's advantages and why Windows is a worthy competitor, etc etc etc

8. jbuk macrumors regular

You also might want to add the vast support for *nix applications located in the Apple-supported MacPorts archive, and things like app installation being (generally) a matter of drag-and-drop.

9. bushido thread starter Suspended

bushido

yea i'm thinking about taking my MBP to class and just show the differences between using a mac and windows. might be easier to understand for ppl who have never used a mac

are there any huge hardware differences like the motherboard i could show or something? is it true that u can switch between 32 bit apps and 64 bit apps on snow leopard unlike windows?