School Project!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by NiKeZz, Nov 11, 2010.

1. NiKeZz macrumors 6502

NiKeZz

I was assigned a college project to do a presentation about myself. The teacher said there is no guidelines and however you want your presentation to be its up to you. So instead of just using a powerpoint presentation I wanted to go above and beyond and make a video presentation. I'd really like to be able to incorporate a lot of visual effects but i have no idea how to use After Effects and I only have less than a week to have it ready. So if you have any tips or ideas that I might find extremely useful please feel free to insight me! I have just about any program out there to my availability at our Technology Center just so you know.

Regards,

Aaron

2. ryan0402 macrumors 6502

Well it may be hard to learn how to use that in a week but you may try prezi I have used that for a while and have made nothing but good A presentations with it,

3. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

Might I just say...

Sometimes, less is more.

By all means use effects if you think they'll be useful, but don't go overboard. There's a fine line between "wow!" and "OK, that's just cheesy", and once you've passed that line, it's not much further to "OK, stop, that's annoying now".

One thing you could do is browse YouTube. There's a lot of talent out there -- and a lot of crap, too. Learn from other people's mistakes.

Good luck!

4. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

I'm not sure what sort of effects that you are looking for but VideoCopilot is a good place to start for after effects tutorials.

Remember as with all visuals that the content is probably the most important aspect. "Effects" only enhance the content to make it more exciting and engaging etc... If you start with a boring story and you use an effect to "jazz it up" you are still stuck with a boring film!

Since you only have a week I would consider focusing on the story line and with some slick editing your presentation will pop out from the other powerpoints.