School promotion, itouch and a printer?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by skinaked2, Jun 11, 2008.

1. skinaked2 macrumors newbie

I am going to buy a new macbook pro this weekend for college and i was wondering if i can get rebates on both an itouch and a printer or can i only get a rebate on one of them?

2. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

You will get rebates for both of them, as long as you are a student.

3. crazystone macrumors newbie

But what this mean?:confused:
    I'm a student in CT.
    "Residents of Rhode Island and Connecticut who purchase in their state of residence receive an instant rebate and are not eligible for any additional rebate; additional Terms and Conditions apply. "

4. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

if you are going to college you need to find your college in the drop down list

5. skinaked2 thread starter macrumors newbie

i dont know what the drop down list is, explain please

6. mixmacface macrumors regular

mixmacface

http://www.apple.com/backtoschool/index.html?CID=WWW-NAUS-BTS20080530-H9F5U
    click the buy now blue button, and a window should pop up, select your state that the school is in, then click your school. then you can select the mac and configure, select your iPod.
    not too hard to figure out. apple.com is very user-friendly so you shouldn't have a hard time navigating their site.

7. cfs macrumors 6502a

Drive to NH if your close enough. No tax there either.

8. skinaked2 thread starter macrumors newbie

one more question, does anyone know if it is a cas rebate or store credit?

9. mixmacface macrumors regular

mixmacface

it's a check. they send it to your door. . and like others have said in other threads. . it won't be quickly.

10. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

not sure if its different in the US? but in the UK it just automatically went into my bank account

11. skinaked2 thread starter macrumors newbie

either or works for me, i dont care how long it takes either, as long as it comes

12. mixmacface macrumors regular

mixmacface

from what i've read on the apple site, it's a check. there might be a way to have it go directly into your bank account, but i'm yet to read it. i'd love to have it go straight into my account. oh well.

13. crazystone macrumors newbie

one more question,
    what means " an instant rebate"?

14. Eric. macrumors regular

If you live in Connecticut or RI you don't have to deal with a rebate. Apple charges you the price for the free items but you get an instant rebate so that they are only a penny or something. Laws there prohibit mail in rebates or something.

15. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Mail in rebates are stupid anyway. They only serve to take advantage of the more forgetful customers.

16. galactic732 macrumors member

I think it means that your state has a law that says there cannot be a mail-in rebate.

i think they just refund you the price on the spot so you don't have to mail anything in

17. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

just to explain further, mine was meant to take about 6-8 weeks to go into my bank account. no instant rebate there

but in fact when i mailed it in to apple thet had 'rejected' my mail. i was very lucky for someone from Royal Mail (similar to The Postal Service in the US?) to actually open the mail, get my address and send it back. i then had it send it off again with everything to prove i had actually sent it in within the 30 days, as it was now out of the 30 day window.

18. crazystone macrumors newbie

so, I can not buy a printer at the same time and get the printer's rebate? maybe that's why they said "not eligible for any additional rebate":eek:

19. crazystone macrumors newbie

yeah, it's seems there Laws here:
    "Connecticut has two laws concerning manufacturer mail-in rebates. The first makes it an unfair or deceptive trade practice to advertise the availability of a manufacturer’s rebate by displaying the net price of the item unless the retailer provides the amount of the rebate to the consumer at the time of the sale.........":rolleyes:

Thanks

20. Harrison486 macrumors newbie

But what if I'm not a resident of CT but I make a purchase there...