School STILL Doesnt Have Office 2008, Help?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by opeepingtomo, Feb 29, 2008.

1. opeepingtomo macrumors regular

I dont know if its possible for someone to possibly snag a student edition from their school for me an ill pay you for it, but i need it for school. My college (a branch of UT, UTSA) says they dont get it until UT does and that it would take a month. Well its been over a month and going on a month and a half, and the reason i was going to wati is the office packages at my school are like 27 bucks with tax, and no more than 30 for sure.

Anyone suggest anything, or can anyone help and possibly get me a copy from your school?

Oh, and i refuse to intstall office 2004 temporarily, lol.

2. opeepingtomo thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry that sounded wrong, by snag i didnt mean steal or anything. But if someone was willing to purchase a copy i would buy it from you because i need it and have no idea now when my college will get it. Im beginning to think that itll just show up randomly maybe months from now... or maybe tomorrow... apparently no one knows.

3. fatchay macrumors newbie

buy it apple store on-line? you can get an educational discount

4. opeepingtomo thread starter macrumors regular

how much will it be? If its gonna be like 120 vs 30 that id have to pay at the school ill just wait as much as i hate to because its a hassle. Ive been on the edge of just installing XP on my MacBook because i have a copy of Office 2007 Pro, but that defeats the whole purpose of getting the mac in the first place.

5. Mikebuzzsaw macrumors 6502

6. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Amazon.com has Mac Office 08 for $129 which is the cheapest anywhere. It comes with free shipping but the free shipping is VERY slow. I got it and it took over ten days to arrive because they use ground US postal service. If you're looking to get a huge discount wait for your college to get it in stock.

7. aditghai macrumors regular

aditghai

8. mediumofmeaning macrumors member

can you use it for 30 days without a serial, legally? if legality is among your concerns, that might work. you'd still have to get it from bittorrent, but it might have a grace period that'll cover you til the school gets it.

9. opeepingtomo thread starter macrumors regular

10. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

Yes, good... good... demo.

Go with the demo for the time it gives you
    see if your school get's the software in time.

If not, you can always create a free gmail email account...
    ... and re-evaluate the software ;)

hehe

11. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

That's an excellent idea. Just use their trail version and it should give you enough time for your college to get the software. Even though some features are not available on the trail the basic use should be good enough for ya.

12. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

NeoOffice is free. And it'll handle .docx files.