Schoolboy error with MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wfoster, Aug 6, 2011.

1. wfoster macrumors 6502a

wfoster

Hey everyone,

Bit of a rookie error here on my behalf and that’s typing while under the influence. What ya’ gonna do?

Spilt my drink over my keyboard and it’s happened to become sticky, happened a week or two ago and nothing has touched the logic board surprisingly. Instead of taking off all the keys and soaking them - I want something easy to do. Cleaning and reattaching keycaps seem like a boring job and to be honest, time isn’t really on my side either.

Any sort of household liquid/cleaner suffice? I got told when I went into the Apple Store that they had some keyboard cleaner that would ‘apparently’ work a “treat, innit”. They haven’t had any in stock for a while and time is running short!

Cheers ‘en!
    ~W.

2. ThirtyThr33 macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

Instead of doing the job properly you want something "easy to do" and less "boring"?

Your post sounds ridiculous lol no offense. Be glad your Mac still works as drinks usually kill them. As for cleaning it, I would either do they job right or pay someone to do it for you. You shouldn't be using a quick fix on potentially fatal damage.