Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kidb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2009
hi, i just downloaded the program schoolhouse 2.1 from the mac website and as soon as i start up the program and go to create a new term the application fails to respond and i have to force quit. i have tried uninstalling/installing again with several different links with no luck.

anyone know anything about this???

raymondu999

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2008
The Universal Binary of the program is hideously unstable. Second-click on the .app file, then click on "open with Rosetta." This then forces it to run based on its PowerPC code. It's going to run slightly slower, but it won't crash.

Hermolicious84

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2009
Columbia, MO
I was exciting about downloading this program as well, and I had the same issues with it.

I looked around and most people noted problems using Schoolhouse with Leopard and recommended opening the program with Rosetta. This worked to open the program without it freezing, but it still didn't run very well. I'm just going to be waiting for a new version with better compatibility.

finnschi

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2008
Hamburg, Germany
hi, i just downloaded the program schoolhouse 2.1 from the mac website and as soon as i start up the program and go to create a new term the application fails to respond and i have to force quit. i have tried uninstalling/installing again with several different links with no luck.

anyone know anything about this???

same here... :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.