Schoolhouse 2.2

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by immemorial, Oct 10, 2009.

1. immemorial macrumors member

Anyone in here a user of Schoolhouse? I upgraded to version 3.0 and it ended up wiping out of a bunch of my notes. I have a backup of the library, but naturally 3.0 doesn't recognize it. Does anyone have the binary or a zip for Schoolhouse 2.2 and want to help me out? I cannot find it available anywhere, the developer took down the link when he released 3.0. I am absolutely desperate!

2. ivoryandgold macrumors newbie

ivoryandgold

I'm not happy with the upgrade either and would also like to find somewhere to obtain version 2.2. I've been using Schoolhouse to manage my assignments and now that I have upgraded find myself completely unable to use the software. My main problem is that my courses are no longer separated by term like with the old version. I now have assignments from a year ago mixed with my current tasks! I would simply delete my old assignments but a big attraction to this software is the ability to archive records from previous courses.

I'm sorry to hear your notes are missing. :/ I never got into using the notes function in Schoolhouse. Are they simply links to files stored elsewhere on your computer or are the files only located within your Schoolhouse library? If you could relocate the files elsewhere that might be easier as there is probably no way to 'downgrade' your library.

I'm also very displeased that they've moved on from donationware to something else entirely. I tried to add an assignment to the now-unusable software today and was told I needed to buy a license in order to add more tasks. So much for student software! We aren't made of money!

I'm certainly going to keep watch for a copy of the old version. How about we post a link here or PM one another if either of us locates an old zip archive or binary? Also, have you found any good alternatives to Schoolhouse? I might give in and buy it if they fixed the issue with not being able to sort by term, but I am a little pissed off that it isn't free anymore. I found iProcrastinate today but it's only in beta and doesn't seem like it's updated very frequently. :/