Schools Macs

Discussion in 'macOS' started by coolant113, Nov 15, 2007.

1. coolant113 macrumors 6502

coolant113

At my high school we have macs, my question is how do they restrict soo much stuff that you cant use?. Like i cant even use safari! they only have firefox. I can hardly do anything on them. I was wondering if there was a way to get around that garbage??? Also how do they make Mac OSX like that with so many restrictions??.. Does apple release like a special version of the current OS to just educators??.. Also we have alot of stuff blocked on our internet with norton.. Is there a way i can get around that without having to use a proxy?? if there is no way for that.. what is the best proxy out there to use.. right now i use google translate and it works pretty good but is there a different one that is better than google??:apple::apple:

Thanks In Advance

2. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

doing that stuff...would be against the computer agreeement at ur school

dont want to loose that albility

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

as to how it is done, it will probably be through the use Server edition

you may be able to use portable applications (there are other sites out there but just giving you a starter) if you want to use your own choice of applications

4. ClassicMac247 macrumors 6502

ClassicMac247

The fact that you are willing to break a signed legal agreement with your school make me want to read on! You can use safari, its in applications, except for on the ibooks and emacs in the 300 wing. Technlogy never responded to my wi-fi issue!!!:mad:

5. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

as he is in high school, and is not 18, i dont believe it is a 'legal' agreement!

however schools need to go... nevermind, my school pissed me off all the time, they blocked ever translation site because they called it a proxy! :rolleyes:

christ, school filters are nothing more than CRAP!

even though this doesnt apply to your situation at all, i figured it was a good place to rant anyway!