Schools Out!*

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacBoy108, Jun 3, 2008.

1. MacBoy108 macrumors 6502

MacBoy108

I know a percentage of us here are high schoolers, and the end of the school year is approaching if you are on the traditional school schedule system. I've only got until Thursday! So my question is what are your plans for the summer guys? (and gals) :cool:

P.S. Congrats to any grads out there :D

2. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

Hang out with friends as much as possible because this is our last year together (college is next... scary and exciting.)

And I NEED to get a job. a) I need money and b) it's my second day off and I am already bored as hell.

3. MacBoy108 thread starter macrumors 6502

MacBoy108

What are you planning on majoring in?
    Nice to see another lost fan by the way :D Ben FTW!

4. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

5. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

6. spetykowski macrumors member

Graduated on June 1st!!! and started my full time job on June 2nd! i really dont have too much planned for the summer, just making a lot of money, and spending it all on school in the fall! Columbia College Chicago! Congrats to the Rest!!

7. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

I Graduated May 31st. Aww, I'm gonna miss high school. I had some awesome times. :(

Feels weird growing up so fast. High school just seemed "normal". By that I mean it seemed as if I was never going to grow up and I wanted to be a teenager forever. I know it sounds retarded but damn it I'm right.

8. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

I've got my Leaving Cert in one hour!!! :eek::eek: (equivalent of the A Levels or SATs methinks)

9. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Pesky kids and their summer breaks.

<old man hat firmly on> damn kids don't know you're born! ;) :p

10. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

No you won't.

You'll have 10x more and 10x better times in college.

I finished my second (of probably 5) year of college a few weeks ago. College is infinitely better than high school. I kind of wish I could just skip summer and go straight to September when I move back in.

11. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Trust me, when all of you (kids) graduate from high school, you will miss it a lot.

I wish I could go back to High School. :(

12. FredAkbar macrumors 6502a

FredAkbar

No, I agree with zioxide, college is far, far more fun than high school; I thought I'd miss high school but college really illustrates the drawbacks and not-so-cool aspects of high school.

13. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

That may be true but High School is the end of your childhood life and that's what is really sad.

14. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

That's exactly how I feel. I thought I was the only one. I wish I had more fun in high school. All that time slacking off didnt pay off :(
    But I guess, I can't slack off in college anymore so doing it in high school is then reasonable :)

15. bbbensen macrumors 6502

I got out like 2 weeks ago, but unlike some of you, Im going into High School.

I cant wait!:D

16. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Ooooh. Fresh meat! *licks lips*:p

Good luck!

:D

17. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Well...I still have 2 more weeks left and Finals start next week. I really dont care anymore about school...just want it to end!

18. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Why, thank you!

I'm hopefully working 40 hours a week all summer.

Gotta get me some cash money before high school :D

19. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

what did I ever do to you :mad::D

Yeah, I know what you were talking about, it's just really funny.

20. MonksMac macrumors 6502a

MonksMac

I get out early tomorrow after I take my last final exam! I actually can't wait to be a Sophomore, even though I'm taking lots of Pre-AP and an AP class next year. This summer I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do. Meh.:apple:

21. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

If you can't figure out the grammatical mistake in this thread title, then you should go the summer school

22. TomsMacBook macrumors 6502

I've got one more exam left on the 10th, and then I'm free until August 21st, then we get our GCSE results. I need the grades to get in, and I'm going to be bricking it until I get them, haha.

And otherwise, I'm going to be chilling with friends over the holidays. Few parties here and there, the usual.

23. aethelbert macrumors 601

We're still in school, although most other schools around here got out before Memorial Day. Today (tomorrow is the same), we were supposed to get out at 12:15, but they delayed school because of a thunderstorm (but they won't delay for 8" snow)... Some wise person on the administration thought that it would be better to hold the 1215 release time and just cut out 30 minutes for each class today, in which we were taking finals (periods 1, 2, 3). Not very nice. Gah, at least we get out tomorrow.

For the summer, I'm off to work in Germany.

24. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

I'm not done till the 18th, but I plan to work this summer, maybe go to a few lacrosse camps too

25. buffalo macrumors 65816

My last day was May 28. This was the first time ever not going into June. It was a nice last few days... I only had to take 2 exams. Anyways I'll be a senior (in HS) next year. My only real summer plan is a trip to Costa Rica in a few weeks. I guess I should get a job, but I'm stalling on that. Where is everybody working? I'm 17, so from what I've read here, the Apple Store is not an option, as much as I would enjoy it.