SCM commit error

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by mikezang, Dec 6, 2010.

1. mikezang macrumors 6502a

I start to use SCM+Subversion, I create Repositories and import my project into Subversion, my project has iPad, iPhone and shared folders, I removed build folder before import to Subversion, anything is ok.

Then I check out and modify my project and rebuild, they are all ok until now.

At last, I use Commit Entire Project to commit my changes, here I got error as below, I see there is build folder in Subversion because I din't import it, they temp files, I don't think I have to import them into Subversion.

The question is how can I commit entire project?

Attached Files:

2. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

Select all the files/folders you want to commit and don't select the build folder and then right click and press Commit.

Either that, or try using GIT, I find that a lot easier to work with.

3. mikezang thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks! I did it.

But It is said commit entire project is ok if put build project out of product folder, I did it, it seems like even if build is out of product folder, commit entire doesn't work, are you sure?

4. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

The "working copy admin area is missing" error is caused by someone or something deleting the ".svn" folder from a folder that is under source control. The only way to fix it (that I know of) is to delete the folder, then run an 'svn update' on the parent folder to pull everything back in. What you may want to considering doing as well is removing the 'build' folder from source control and then setting the 'svn:ignore' property on 'trunk' to ignore it in the future. The build folder can create a lot of unwanted noise in an SVN repo since it only contains temporary files.

5. mikezang thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just create that and only used by me, I think I never delete .svn file. I already move build out of project folder, and I checked my repository, there is no build folder, where can I delete it from repository?