Scoll bars

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by m1stake, Jan 8, 2009.

1. m1stake macrumors 68000

I love how I can use the sliders in iTunes to move up and down quickly through my tracks. Why doesn't Safari have this feature? It seems kind of obvious.

2. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Because when Jobs was shown fingertip scrolling partway through iPhone development, they threw the baby out with the bathwater, by dumping all the usual interactive scrollbars.

It's especially painful to look at long PDF documents, too.

3. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

I love that I can instantly scroll back to the top of a long web page by touching the top of the screen, but there are certainly times where I'd like to zip just as quickly to the bottom. Alas, it just takes a LOT of flicking on some pages.

I wish they'd add some kind of multi-fingered gestures for that sort of thing. For example, if I tap the bottom half of the screen with two fingers, do a 'page down.' Do something similar for 'page up,' too. Two-finger tap at the bottom edge scrolls to the bottom while two-finger tap near the top goes all the way back up. If they could put that into every app that scrolls, it would be very handy, IMO.

4. Masquerade macrumors 6502a

Masquerade

In the 70's, cassete tape players had a fast forward button. it seemed so obvious, but took a while for someone to actually do it.

5. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Sorry, I can't let this one pass by. :)

By the time cassette recorders came along, many people had owned reel-to-reel recorders with fast forward.

Fast forward had been around since at least 1959 on commercial tape recorders. It dates back to 1950 for computer tape machines. And no doubt since WW-II or before on military wire recorders.

Cheers - the old guy