Score! CS3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kakkoiimac, May 24, 2007.

1. kakkoiimac macrumors regular

I got a new job as my college's Mac lab network administrator. It is a cool job because I just mess around with macs all day. Well, I was making a new image for next Fall and I was installing CS 3 on the computers. I ask my boss how much it would be if i were to buy it and he said he would just pay for an extra license for me...sweet huh?

Anyway, I have never really dived into photoshop before...i have always been too poor. So i was wondering if there are any tutorials that you guys find really useful. I have done a little poking around, but I thought it would be best to find out what experienced users learned from or thought was well done. Any advice would be great. Thanks a ton

2. plux79 macrumors member

I am also beginning to learn photoshop and I used lynda.com video tutorial to start with.

3. BlizZ10 macrumors member

depends on what u want to do with photoshop and what kind of tutorials?

graphic design and web design:
    good-tutorials.com
    pslover.com

if u want to learn the basics im not quite sure where there would be a tut.... u could ask me (preferrably by pm) or there could even be a few in one of those sites i just suggested (they have a whole bunch of random tuts)

4. kakkoiimac thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the repies guys...i will take a look at some of these sites. I am mostly interested in graphic design and also some photo manipulation ( my dad is a photographer and i would love to help make his pictures look even better) Im sure as i mess around with it, i will have more specific questions, so i will probably take you up on your offer blizz