Scored one in Northern VA Tyson's Corner Mall.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MaskedCarrot, Mar 23, 2011.

1. MaskedCarrot macrumors regular

I got up there around 9:30am this morning and the line was about 20 people deep. (The Apple store opened at 9am). Although the mall opens at 10am, they let people in there as early as 6. I guess for mall walkers.

There was an Apple employee standing at the back of the line with a bunch of tickets for the various models. He must of had 50 tickets in his hand, and said the line had over 100 people earlier in the morning. The tickets were good all day until closing, so once you had a ticket you didn't have to wait in line and could come back later, but I figured I might as well stand in line since I was already there.

He must of had over 100 tickets originally since the majority of the line was gone by the time I got there and he still had a lot of tickets left, so they must of received a big shipment.

So for anyone in Northern VA, check out Tyson's Corner in the early morning to try to score one.

2. obey908 macrumors 6502a

I got mine Sunday at pentagon city mall. I got there at 6am and was 15th in line. By the time I got my choice, there was 1 32gb white and 2 64gb white. Wifi only.

I believe they started out with black 32gb and all 3 white. No 3g's.

First people in line were there at 330 am

3. NewbieVAGuy macrumors newbie

For anyone in the Fredericksburg, VA area - I just picked a black 16gb Ipad 2 at the Best Buy in Central Park. They had 4 white 32GB 3G models and 1 64 gb black wifi 3g model still left.