Scott Forstall: "large retina screen"

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Justim, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Justim macrumors 6502

Did anyone else notice that during the keynote he said "...so you can take advantage of the large retina screen." when talking about full screen Safari for iPhone when in landscape?

This, in itself, proves to me that the next iPhone will have a larger screen. I rarely take note of "leaked" parts since those could mean a number of things. I'm still not convinced the next iPhone will even look the way its been artisticly rendered.

To nitpick, I believe he cut his eyes when he realized what he was saying. But there is no way to tell if that was an 'oops' expression to someone(say Ive), simply scanning the crowd, or looking at monitors for script/next slide.

2. bjm2660 macrumors 6502

I didn't catch that. Then again, they can edit out any real guffaws since they don't send a live stream. I'm not sure Forstall fears Ive; he thinks himself the bigwig.

3. irDigital0l Guest

Nah...

he was looking at the next slide.

He does this many times in the keynote.

4. GeeSixx macrumors regular

GeeSixx

I noticed him say it too. My eyes lit up, but after I thought about it, it just seemed like enthusiasm. I don't know.

5. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

maybe he was talking about the new ipad retina screen... since safari pertains to that as well ;)

6. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

He's an interesting guy, I cant really make him out. If you watch his body language, his eye moments etc, its difficult to tell what kinda guy he is.

7. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Nah, I doubt that meant anything.

although I admit, when he showed the full screen in landscape my first though was how great that would be on the 16:9 iPhone :p

8. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Notice how he sort of has a lazy eye? Might've had something to do with it.

I am looking forward to a bigger screen though, however if it doesn't happen that's perfectly fine too