Scottsdale, AZ Mac Tutor?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mj11, Jul 1, 2008.

1. mj11 macrumors newbie

Just purchased a Macbook Pro and I love it! However, I need a 1 hour crash course in some of the more advanced features. Is there anyone who hangs out at a local Starbucks or somewhere that would be interested in helping me? There is a $50 Starbucks gift card in for the right expert!

Thanks,

Michael

2. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

You might want to try posting on the Marketplace forum to see if anyone is interested (not sure if this would be the right place).

Just so you know, Apple offers one on one training for new machines as well (this)
    http://www.apple.com/retail/onetoone/

I've never been particularly interested in those training programs, as I could probably teach one at this point, but for someone new I could definitely see it as helpful. Sites like Macrumors (where you currently are) are also great resources for learning about your new computer.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Welcome to Mac ownership and welcome to MacRumors:Forums! You'll find a lot of helpful information both here and on the web. Some resources that may be helpful (if you've already seen them, ignore):

Mac 101
    MRoogle for searching MacRumors: Forums with Google (always a great idea before starting new threads)
    MacRumors FAQ
    MacRumors Rules
    MacRumors Guides Very helpful stuff!
    Apple Find Out How
    Essential Applications
    More Essential Applications

If you search the forums and don't find what you're looking for, just ask! There's lots of friendly help here! Enjoy your new Mac!

4. hitnrun7 Guest

It would help if you mentioned your location.

5. hitnrun7 Guest

My bad, i didn't really pay attention to the topic name.

6. Jimmizilla macrumors newbie

I think that would be in the title: Scottsdale

I'd do it, in the Starbucks I work at, but im in the Seattle area...

7. hitnrun7 Guest

and im in Canada, far enough away from toronto...