Scrabble update - push notifications?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Rojo, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

So I downloaded the latest update to Scrabble, which I could have sworn said something about push notifications for Facebook connect games (and one of the random pop-up messages that come up when you enter a game also said something about push notifications -- and that you need to set it up in general settings).

However...when I go to settings on the iPhone, Scrabble is NOT one of the apps listed. When I go into "Notifications," there's just Beejive there. And when I first opened up the app after the update, there was no usual message to even turn on notifications. (I deleted the app and re-installed, and even rebooted -- still nothing).

Is it working for anyone else? Or did I misunderstand? When I go to the app's iTunes Store page, it just says "When you play through your Facebook account, you'll be notified when it's your turn to play" -- but I'm not sure what that means. Is that "push"? I swear it actually said "push notifications" at some point...

2. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

It's not working for me. It would be nice to have push on it, the only way you can find out it's your turn is to open the app, or if you have sms alerts from facebook or something.

3. Rojo thread starter macrumors 65816

Rojo

So here's the message that shows up sometimes.
    It says "push notifications," and specifically says to enable it in Settings. And yet...there's no way to actually do it. :confused:

Attached Files:

4. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Methinks someone at the Scrabble shack is on crack.

5. Rojo thread starter macrumors 65816

Rojo

A reasonable explanation!

6. gowanis macrumors 6502

7. Rojo thread starter macrumors 65816

Rojo

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Yep! So happy!

8. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Okay, color me a complete idiot, but where and how do you enable the push in the Scrabble???

9. gowanis macrumors 6502

When you open the app after updating it should ask you if you want to turn push notifications on.

That being said, I've been having mixed results lately - that is, I'm not getting timely notifications. Sometimes its my turn in a game but I did not receive the notification.

Anyone else having issues?

10. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

so this game only links up with Facebook's Scabble?

11. gowanis macrumors 6502

yes, and its implemented really well.

12. samcraig macrumors P6

Call me when EA starts listening to its customers about the HUGE issue of not being able to play via wifi because the app keeps saying you're not connected to a network...

13. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Yeah, I, uh, haven't gotten one single solitary push notification, which made me wonder if I had to do something above and beyond clicking "yes" to get push notifications. Magic rain dance, or something?

14. gowanis macrumors 6502

seems to be working fine now. Also, if you play your move on facebook (on your pc), the badge on your iphone app will be reduced accordingly. pretty cool.