Scrambled Screen when launching games

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aquilc, Feb 21, 2015.

1. aquilc macrumors member

Hi, I have a Macbook Pro (late 2014) with Retina Display & nVidia Graphics card.

Whenever I launch a game, the screen gets scrambled for a second before the game launches. It happened with Hitman Absolution and Plague Inc.

Do I have to worry about the graphics card?

Also, today I was browsing Facebook on safari, and an area of the window got scrambled, I minimised Safari, and that screen area wasn't scrambled, I brought up Safari again and it was scrambled again. When I hovered the mouse over that scrambled area, that area was no longer scrambled, but when I hovered the mouse away it got scrambled again.

Then, I refreshed the webpage and that area wasn't scrambled any more. This issue (Safari one) happened today for the first time.
    From my experience this must be a software glitch either from MAC OS or graphics drivers, but I want to be sure, I am not that much experienced on MAC Computers.

2. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

Don't mark my words but I think it is a software glitch. Some games may have an issue when opening games. I know every time I open Civ 5 on my rMBP it glitches a bit.

3. matty1551 macrumors 6502

Can you try to replicate it in an Apple Program? The reason I say apple program is that way if you do take it in, the employee won't be able to blame it on 3rd party software. Also, if you can't replicate it, be sure to take pictures so you have some sort of documentation of it happening.

The graphical glitching in safari at least for me was very similar. Turned out to be the GPU dying. Took it in on the last day of it's warranty.

Now keep in mind I have a 2011 15" MBP. Maybe this whole experience has jaded me at this point.

4. aquilc thread starter macrumors member

When I launch PhotoShop CS6, I don't see any glitches. After launching the software, I go to about this MAC to see which Graphics card is being used, and it says that it is using the Nvidia card.