Scraping off from lens on makes jet blackIP7+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dapope, May 28, 2017.

1. dapope macrumors newbie

Just wanted to know if any other jet black owners have seen this from not having a case on their phones? Took it to Apple and they said it was from a metal ring around the lens that is normal wear and rear. [​IMG]

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

It's just the paint flaking/chipping from the aluminum surrounding the camera housing. Which, looks worse than it is being its black and from lying on hard surfaces.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Does it effect anything when you take photos? Probably not. If that's the case I wouldn't worry about it. Plus you already have micro abrasions on the device itself.

4. BigDO macrumors 6502

BigDO

That looks terrible, I would demand a new phone.

5. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Most people that care about these cosmetic issues use a case on their phone. If you are going without a case you have to expect this normal wear and tear.

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

This is just me, I never use cases or screen protectors of any sort. But in doing so, I never set my phone down on a hard surface. As strong and durable as the 7000 series aluminum is, it's still chips and flakes fairly easily pending the circumstance. Especially black, it's going to look worse than really what it is. But with the camera bump, it's going be the first point of impact every time because it protrudes from the rest away from the iPhone.

7. dapope thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

9. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

And they'd say "no," and the result would be the same.

10. dapope thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I took it to the local Apple Store and they said no. Only if it's affecting the picture quality will they change it out.

11. noobinator macrumors 601