Scraping Photos for Google Photos

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by FortWorthMac, Jun 4, 2015.

1. FortWorthMac macrumors 6502a

Ok, let's face it. Photos leave a lot to be desired and is extremely slow and a memory hog. So partly due to that I decided to give the new and improved Google Photos a try and it's actually pretty nice. Still needs some work but I have no doubt it'll get there.

So I guess my question is, after spending the last 5 days getting my pics organized (mostly) the way I want them in Google Photos. So how do I keep my Photos from Apple from being imported once again?

I'm thinking I just need to uncheck "pictures" here, but after spending literally hours on my library, I would like to know for sure.

screenshot26.jpg

Thanks all,
    David

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I'm not sure I understand your question..."imported once again"? What exactly have you done so far?

3. FortWorthMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

I installed and ran the Google Photo's App. It imported most, if not all of my Apple Photos into Google Photos. I am now wanting to ensure that the same photos do not get imported again, as I had several dups and had to delete lots.