Scratch Magnet

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone529, Jul 14, 2008.

1. iphone529 macrumors regular

I have had the 3G iPhone since iday2 and the back case has many scratches already. Man have I babied this thing so far, only putting it on soft surfaces, nothing else in my pocket with the phone, and still it has some scratches. If its getting scratches like this then whats it going to look like a year from now.

2. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

Do you have any type of case on it? If so, the case can scratch it, I had an Agent18 on my previous gen and that caused 90% of the scratches on the back of mine. Is it white or black? Mine is white and I see 0 scratches, if it's black you're more likely to see scratches. Putting it in your pocket even with nothing else can cause scratches from the materials of your pocket, etc. I would recommend always placing the phone on the suede screen cleaner that came with the phone to protect it from scratches. I actually bought a full suede jacket for my iPhone 3G and am loving it so far. I have no scratches and I always have something soft to place my phone onto without worrying about it getting scratched. It also gives me the peace of mind when putting my phone into my pocket that I know it will not get scratched being in the suede jacket.

If interested it's by Waterfield and only 9.99 + shipping.

3. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

I feel ya. I had mine for a couple of hours and it had only been in my pocket or on my desk and I had two scratches on the back. And then this weekend I dropped it, and luckily it landed on the top right corner and there's a good little chip/dent. I liked the metal back of the 1st gen, that phoen was a trooper.:mad::(

4. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Huh?

I got mine 8 am Friday.
    Not a single scratch. No case.

5. iphone529 thread starter macrumors regular

I am not using a case at all, i like the look of a naked phone, just didn't realize that even without a case it would scratch this much.

6. eneisch macrumors 6502a

I would suggest that you purchase an invisible shield or best skins ever full body protector if you want to keep of as scratch free as possible. BSE full shield is only about $8 and well with the money. I am keeping mine in a silicone case until my BSE arrives and only clean it with a microfiber cloth only after blowing away any large dust particles before wiping it. Same thing I would do with my older acrylic faced iPods.

7. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

8. g8trb8 macrumors newbie

I'll 2nd this...walked out of the store at 8:37am Friday, not the first scratch...black, no case.

9. Gamst macrumors regular

Gamst

Where did you order your waterfield from? They look really good! :)

10. iphone529 thread starter macrumors regular

It is black one. I guess I am just going to have to live with the scratches.

11. phatcat macrumors regular

I threw on my old iphone's silicone case over it. Since it's rubber it contours to the new iphone shape w/o a problem.

perhaps the white version is even more scratch resistant than the glossy black?