Scratch/minor crack in corner of screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ~NeonFire372~, Sep 23, 2008.

1. ~NeonFire372~ macrumors member

This morning at the bus stop, I dropped my iPod Touch onto the ground. When I looked at it then it was okay but I noticed a few hours later that there was a strange crack across the top right of the screen so I'm assuming that was what did it - either that or the fact that it was thrown around in my pocket a bit [I'm not sure if it's a crack or a scratch, you can see it whether the iPod is on or off, but can't really "feel it" on the screen]. It doesn't impact the screen or functionality at all - everything still works, even buttons that you "touch" that are located beyond the mark.

What can I do? I just bought it last week.

2. Elven macrumors 6502a

Elven

Not much you could try for a replacement but if they suss out it is your own damage they won't be very cooperative.

3. MySaturdaySelf macrumors member

i got some scratches on the back.. should buy a case.. but this is my first ipod, never have experience before and the case is so expensive.. :( luckily i can't feel it by hands, only looks a little bit bad.

4. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Does it look really bad? I mean, is it as bad as when I dropped my vista the other day?:

[​IMG]

5. Xavier macrumors 68020

Well he actually cares about his iPod. Nobody cares if you drop a vista

6. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Indeed.