Scratch removers?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xolan99, Jul 20, 2008.

1. xolan99 macrumors regular

Despite best efforts (handling my 8gb iPhone 3G with the UPMOST care, using a case - the Contour Hardskin, etc...) I notice that a week later, I have tiny hair scratches on the Apple logo on the back, which makes them more noticeable. Surprisingly, I have almost no scratches anywhere else.

Anyone know of any scratch removal cleaners that worked for iPods that may work for the plastic back of the iPhone 3G?

2. macintosh.apple macrumors 6502

I ordered ice cream, am still waiting for it to come in.

3. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

I'm assuming you mean Ice Creme.

4. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

The company specifically says not to use it on the iPhone...

I'm sure it will look differently colored and be more annoying than scratches.

5. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

the scratches on the apple logo really shouldn't be. A big deal, specially looking at all the scratches on my iPod classic haha

6. tothelimit macrumors regular

tothelimit

the company says not to use it on the original iphone, because the back was primarily the matte metal. I believe the OP is referring to the 3G which (as im sure everyone is aware) has a plastic back.

To the OP:
    You may want to email radtech and ask first just to be sure. I ordered a few products from them a few months ago, they are very good about responding (and their products are great). Otherwise, you may want to check this out. You can pick it up at any auto-care store. I used it on my last ipod and it worked great.

7. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Anything that would help on the black plastic on first gen iphones? Stupid dock made little scratches on a new swap i got, really anoys me.

8. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

9. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Yeah, but he's talking about getting scratches off the metal Apple logo.

I'd say wait a while and see if any companies make any scratch removers for the iPhone 3G.

10. muckymucky macrumors member

muckymucky

11. bassy macrumors newbie

hey, does anyone know of a scratch remover for the glass? i had a little one right at the top and everytime i look at my phone it annoys me as i have been soo careful.
    cheers

12. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I have a problem with mine as well. You see, there is an iPod getting in the way of all my scratches.

13. junulrik macrumors newbie

NEVR-DULL magic wadding polish

just like the tips i got from this forum, the nevr-dull really works on my iphone 3g scratches in the chrome bezel. just be patient to repolish the parts for several times and you will see. it is really amazing. just be patient.