Scratch Resistant screen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by I'mAMac, Jan 12, 2008.

1. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

I've had my ipod touch for a whole three weeks and it is already scratched. Not terrible but it is kind of annoying. This happened from keeping it in my pocket with the headphones. You'd think for $400 they would make the screen scratch resistant. Or is it already but just bad? But other than that i love it.

2. delude macrumors 6502

The screen is glass, which should make it much harder to scratch than other materials.

I suggest getting a silicone case that comes with a free screen shield (www.ifrogz.com).

The silicone cases will still alow a great look, plus better feel/grip etc and help prevent scratches from the back. Although the screen shield is no Invisible Shield (THE best brand of screen shield) it will do its job and prevent more scratches.

I recommend www.ifrogz.com because all of their silicone cases are treated with an anti-dust material, unlike cheaper alternatives you may find.

3. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

The screen on the iPhone is remarkable. I suggest trying to polish them out using 'Apple Sauce' as they may just be plastic on glass smudges.

Otherwise, get a cheap screen protector like the ones from Apple.com

4. Domofloge macrumors regular

Domofloge

That really sucks about your screen.. Just invest in a cheap plastic cover and you will prevent anymore scratches. Thats why when i bought my iPod Touch, i picked up a case..:apple:

5. solyd macrumors regular

6. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

Same thing happened to me. Except in my motionless backpack in my locker. It is scratch RESISTANT, but not proof. A screen protector will do much good.
    Oh, and see if you can get a replacement. I got mine at BJ's Wholesale Club and just found out that I can return it by January 24, 2008 for any reason! :D