Scratch Resistant?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by edtorious, Mar 7, 2012.

1. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

I don't have an iPad and will be getting the new iPad, my question is the iPad scratch resistant back and front? Does the back and front scratches easily? Just wanted to know if I will just buy a skin protectors back and front and not have to deal with cases just like my iPhone 4.

2. nd3eb macrumors member

I'm sure they're scratch resistant to a certain extent... but if you plan on keeping the iPad in a bag that may have keys or other sharp objects in it I would definitely recommend a case of some sort.

For normal everyday use you should be fine... but if you rub up against a sharp object it will obviously get scratched... its still made of glass.

I think you'd be fine with skin protectors... most of them seem good. I'd recommend a smart cover also, that helps protect the screen which is the most important part.

3. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

They are scratch resistant but not scratch proof. I'm super careful with mine and somehow I have a small scratch on the screen. People who tell you they can't be scratch are morons. I had the same thing happen with my 3G phone and have several friends that have scratches in theirs. My iPhone 4 has a screen protector so it's in good shape :)

The back is aluminum and will definitely scratch - easier than the front. I have a gelaskin on the back of mine and it works great.

4. Digidesign macrumors 6502

Just curious, does the new ipad use gorilla glass?

5. tpr007 macrumors regular

tpr007

I have quite a few very fine scratches on my new iPad screen :(

Is there a decent way to remove them/buff them out/improve it somehow?