Scratch test video on naked iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by enigma2k, Jun 27, 2010.

1. enigma2k macrumors regular

I am interested in a scratch test on a naked iPhone 4. All I could find on youtube are commercial videos by invisible Shield etc but I could not find any videos where the scratch test is performed on a naked iPhone 4.

I am wondering if the back of the iPhone is as scratch resistant as the front...

2. enigma2k thread starter macrumors regular

does nobody know of a naked iPhone scratch test? Dammit, and I thought if there is a video about blending the iPhone there should also be a video about scratching it.

3. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

You think the guy could have scratch tested before he blended it! I actually watched that video last night lol.

I haven't seen any details on the resistance of the glass, I did se a video on the Dell Streak I think which has similar glass (I think, don't quote me on this) and the guy literally stabbed it with a pen over and over. Nothing more than ink transfer onto the glass.

4. bhimpele macrumors member

If 60 people on here send me $10, I'll do any test you want and then just go replace it.

5. Robby C macrumors regular

Robby C

6. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

7. insidmal macrumors 6502

insidmal

it's actually an advertisement for the blender, not the phone, they don't care if it scratches.. blendtec are bad ass blenders, i have one, was expensive but well worth it

8. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

It is so out of focus there is no way you could tell if it scratched or not. Plus (as with any of these "tests") there is no way to tell how hard they are "testing."

9. Espo macrumors 6502

Walk into an AT&T store or Apple store and see how scratched those are.

I've been to both and there were def smudges but scratches weren't so visible. And people abuse those display units.

I bought bodyguardz but now idk if I need it. I would like to go naked + bumper but I'm scared to see if it's that resistant.

10. Luis344 macrumors newbie

11. michaelfields macrumors regular

.....are you kidding

this is old. like from what a week before the phone came out? and it's not a scratch test... why.

Edit: Oh, and what were you expecting? They dropped a GLASS phone on concrete 4 times before it broke....

12. RichBrewski macrumors member

13. Luis344 macrumors newbie

Still quite disapointing... My iPhone 3G has been dropped SEVERAL times along 2.5 years and still is good as new...

14. michaelfields macrumors regular

I mean mine has as well but I never sat there intentionally dropping it repeatedly without a case onto concrete and I doubt you did either.

Also the 3G isn't made of nothing but glass basically.

Have you seen this one where all that's on it is a bumper?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZba_sgnGQw

15. Luis344 macrumors newbie

well you have a point... the case really impressed me with that performance...
    I hope the iPhone 4 gets to Portugal before the apple free cases project ends...

16. Macjames macrumors 6502a

I was pretty gutted today when I noticed some small but deep scratches on my screen. Turns out my house key had broken through a seam in my wallet and caused it.:eek:

Thankfully you cannot notice them when the screen is on so all is well. :)

17. JustinSaneV2 macrumors 6502

JustinSaneV2

I wonder how many iPhones are lost to "tests" such as these scratch-resistance and free-fall tests...

18. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

It's all in how it hits. I dropped my 3GS once in the year I used it....and it shattered. One drop on concrete and boom.

iPhone 4 is just more likely to shatter since it has glass on both sides.

19. WhiteTPain macrumors newbie