Scratched InvisibleShield =O

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by Austin2048, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

hey guys. so not to long ago i got the InvisibleShield for my iPod Touch. ive noticed the other day it got a scratch. i am 100% sure that it is a scratch. there are also a lot of streaks on the screen that are very noticeable when my screen has a lot of white on it. how do i send it back and get a new one with the lifetime warranty?

2. Blue Fox macrumors 6502a

Blue Fox

The material itself gives off a "streaked" look when you are on a bright/white screen, so in that aspect, that's normal as mine does the same. (My streaks run vertical)

Scratch wise, how do you know it's a real scratch? Can you feel it when you run your fingernail over it sideways? I know that if I purposely take my fingernail and scratch my InvisibleShield, the "scratch" stays there for an hour or so, but then it goes away.

3. ColinEC macrumors 6502

InvisibleShields are definitely going to suffer from minor cosmetic damage such as scratches. I wouldn't worry about it, as the iPod itself isn't getting scratched.

My InvisibleShield has minor scuffs and scratches on the back too, but as long as it stays relatively clear and protects my iPod, I'll stick with it.

I wouldn't worry about it, enjoy the shield.

4. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

Here's the page on their website that tells you what to do. I hope you still have the receipt.

http://www.zagg.com/support/guarantee.php

5. Austin2048 thread starter macrumors 6502

Austin2048

well the streaks are in one area, the center, there arent anywhere else and they are only on the screen. the back it flawless except for a little piece of dust. i am positive its a scratch, its been there all yesterday and today and yeah, i can feel it when i run my fingernail over the scratch. the streaks and the scratch are very annoying since they are on the screen....

i just faxed them the receipt about 2 hours ago to activate my warranty

6. Lunchbox700 macrumors regular

I also was curious about this a couple weeks ago and then I saw a kiosk at the mall devoted just to the shield and the guy there replaced it for me. Since I didn't want to try to put it on again myself because I suck at it (the main reason why I needed it replaced) so he put it on for me for $10 and did a great job. I am curious though how long does it take to get your new one?

7. Austin2048 thread starter macrumors 6502

Austin2048

i think in i read in their site that it takes 5-7 days. i might be wrong though. i sent them an email yesterday requesting a replacement and i havent gotten anything back yet =/

8. Redline13 macrumors 6502

It's probably quicker to call.

9. Austin2048 thread starter macrumors 6502

Austin2048

i just got an email from them this morning. and i dont feel like calling. i hate those voice things >.>