Scratched iphone still within return period. Returnable?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whohasaquestion, Sep 8, 2015.

1. whohasaquestion macrumors 6502

Well...got an iphone 6+ the other day without a contract. Dropped the phone before the case arrived(amazon slow shipping hurts!). The phone now has a little scratch on the back...just cosmetic nothing major. Do you think Apple store will still take it in? The phone is still within the 14-day return period.

Thanks.

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

And what would be the basis of your return? (If it's just a little scratch on the back, and nothing cosmetic, and you're putting a case on it.)

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Sure Apple will take it back.

Are you canceling service with your return or purchasing a different model or color phone?

No? You want to use a return period to cover damage you personally did to the phone?

Ah, sorry. Cosmetic damage that does not affect the proper functioning of the phone does not qualify as a defect and therefore something covered under standard warranty. And Apple only covers clumsiness if you buy AC+ and do more than cosmetic damage.

But if you're returning the phone with no intent to get another - you're good to go!

4. whohasaquestion thread starter macrumors 6502

I am going back with Android after almost 2 weeks with the 6+.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

If that is true and you are still within the 14 days then yes, they should take it.

If the scratch is something that's totally obvious though you may be hit with some sort of damage fee or something.

6. whohasaquestion thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, since it's a scratch it's visible. but only on the back case...nothing on the glass.

7. rockitdog Suspended

8. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

There's nothing stopping him returning it and then buying a new one with that returned money though.

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Nothing at all.

10. Lukkee24 macrumors 6502a

I had an iPhone 5c which was accidentally dropped and ended up with a noticeable chip in the side of the phone. I returned it within the 14 day period (by courier as it was an online order), expecting to have a fee deducted from my refund but they actually gave me a full refund. I then went on to buy a 5s instead.

11. rockitdog Suspended

So what, if they take it back and it's within Apple's policies what's the problem? Not like they will sell it that way to the next customer.

12. xRYD3Rx macrumors 6502

Return it. Don't mention anything about a scratch and whoever is trying to bash you on this thread I bet they did it themselves on some item or items in their lives. LoL

13. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

Yeah they will take it back just return it.. unless its dented you shouldn't have an issue

14. YYR123 macrumors newbie

YYR123

15. whohasaquestion thread starter macrumors 6502

To conclude this thread, I did receive a full refund. The customer service took a good look at the device and didn't say much. I'm sure she noticed the scratch on the back but was nice enough to give me a full refund.

16. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

well doesn't Apple store Apple a Restocking Fee if you are Not Exchanging ?

in Any case yes 100% Return the iPhone 6+ Unless the cause you get will not cover the scach

in any case buying a 6+ now or last week was a very bad move.