Scratched my MacBook screen!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FragTek, Nov 20, 2007.

1. FragTek macrumors 6502

Ok so I'm uber mad right now.... I just got my new custom configged MacBook 3 weeks ago and about 30 mins ago I put a big scratch/gouge in the screen on accident. I was gonna return it and get another one but it looks like I'm outside of the return period.

How much is it gonna cost me to get it fixed? I can't live with a scratched screen it will drive me to the edge of going postal.

2. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

They will not exchange it with a scratched screen at all, the do check :)

3. weckart macrumors 68040

Returns means in saleable condition - not with a scratch in it. You would have had to pay for the damage anyway. Your best bet is to check out ebay for a spare screen (new or salvage) and try to get a local repair for labour costs only. Apple will charge you almost as much as the price of a new MB.

4. FragTek thread starter macrumors 6502

Right, looks like it's gonna cost me about $165 to get it fixed. Reasonable, but still not happy seeing as she's only 3 weeks old. Note to self: refrain from sharpening hunting knife in vicinity of MacBook.

5. ivan1234 macrumors regular

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Words of wisdom! ;)

Sorry about your screen, but $165 doesn't seem too bad to replace or fix it.

7. eman macrumors 6502a

Used screens on ebay sell for about $70 - $130 and new screens can be had for $150 plus shipping and you install.