Scratched my Macbook's Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pattman247, Feb 3, 2009.

1. pattman247 macrumors regular

Okay here's a question to all you macbook owners. Over time did your screen get scratched by having contact with the keyboard? I thought the keyboard was recessed for this very reason and yet I still got marks by every key. The Apple genius told me it was normal..but let's see how normal it really is.
    Just say yes or no if you owned a macbook of any kind, or to make it more interesting a notebook of any kind. I would just like to hear your responses since it would be good for future owners to get some protection for this reason.

2. om3ga785 macrumors member

i put a microfiber cloth on the keyboard when i close the lid.

i had the same problem with the keys touching the screen.

3. Stachelsk macrumors regular

Yep. It happened to me as well. I baby mine and I still get things like this :(

Good thing mine are almost naked to the eye they're so small... you have to look at it from a really specific angle in order to see them so it doesn't bother me too much.

4. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

5. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Just get a microfiber cloth to lay between the keys and screen when you close it.

6. schizoidwoman macrumors regular

On top of a steep hill in West Yorkshire.
    I kept the sheet of packaging that was between the keys and the monitor when I got the MB and that's done the trick so far...

7. morrisman1 macrumors 6502

the markings go away after a good rub with the microfibre cloth