Scratched! Plz help.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Butthead2007, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Butthead2007 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I don't know how my screen got scratched because I always treated it well.
    It really annoys me when I watch videos (like Simpsons, Family Guy etc.) because the color at the scratch is like rainbowy. It's not when it's like a dark video.
    Anyways, Does anybody have an idea how to get rid of it?
    I tried toothpaste and that car cleaning stuff.
    I'm sure it's a scratch and nothing else.
    Please don't tell me to buy a case. I already ordered one but this happened before there was a decent case available here.
    I would appreciate a quick answer.
    Thanks in advance.

2. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

You can buy product called AppleSouce or any other similar paste for filing scratches. Your screen will propably never gonna look like before scratch, but there's definetly a place for improvement with this pastes, you can minimize iscratch appeariance.

good luck :)

ps: remember ppl, glass cover in iPod Touch is not scratch-resistanst! It's just slighlty more resistant to scratches than plastic, but it's nothing like sapphire glass, becaouse glass used in Touch is not sapphire, it's just a regular polished-glass.

3. Butthead2007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks alot for you quick response but the iPod Touch Screen is made out of glass and the screens from all the other iPods are made out of plastic.
    I'm afraid it won't work.
    Any other solutions? :)

4. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

Maybe policarbon cover? This should make the scratch less visible. There are lots of them on ebay.

5. Butthead2007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you sure that that works?
    Can you give me a link plz? :)

Thanks in advance.

6. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

Yeah that works, but not all of them. I don't have links, but you can easily find them on ebay & google. You should look for articles in the first place and do extensive research what brands/models are the best. I've heard brando and belkin are among the best brands that produce that kind of stuff.

good luck

7. Butthead2007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you sure it's written Policarbon?
    Can't find anything^^

8. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

as far as I know it's made of policarbon. I don't know if it's correct name, though... Maybe it was policarbonic I'm not sure.... Whatever it is, just look for cover/stickers that hides scratches.

9. Butthead2007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I don't think I can hide it. It's pretty deep.
    Does somebody have a good idea how I can get rid of it?

10. intempo808 macrumors regular

iKlear

I have heard about this stuff called iKlear. You can buy it off Apple.com for about £20.00 (don't know what it is in dollars). It has a 5 star rating and apparently works magic on both the front and the back of the iPod. Also, i know someone who has it and he said it is pretty amazing stuff. Might not totally remove the scratch, but it will improve it massively.

11. skir0987 macrumors regular

I think it's spelled polycarbon, not policarbon. If you really want the scratch completely gone, you can go to iResQ and get a new digitizer for $100.

Shep

12. bennypod macrumors member

Nothing will take out the scratch because it's glass. Invisible shield will cover it up.:apple:

13. Butthead2007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you shure the invisible shield will cover the scratch up so I can't see it anymore?

14. bennypod macrumors member

The Invisible shield does cover them up unless it's really deep. Covered my friend's up well. I am calling Apple about mine because it's scratched, has dust under glass, dead pixels and uneven back lighting. Someone on these forums got theres replaced for a scratch on the glass i think, try calling them.

Best of luck to you!
    :apple: