scratched retina display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by theberto, Feb 5, 2017.

1. theberto macrumors member

theberto

Hi everyone, last month I boughty first macbook pro. I went o a 2015 retina model 15 inch with dedicated graphics. yesterday I was cleaning the screen with the black cloth and I noticed that therw was a tiny scratch in the middle of the screen. it's really small and in some situation is hard to notice but I was so upset to see how fragile this monitor is. how is it possible to scratch the screen just by wipe it with the cloth? I am going to go to a appe store to see what they can do but I am afraid they won't do anything.

Have you evere experienced somthing like that? do you think there's a way a can fix it?
    thank you

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If the cloth was dry or had debris, then yes it's possible

3. Toutou macrumors 6502a

Toutou

My 2.5 year old display is covered with hairline scratches, there are literally hundreds of them, but they're only visible when the display is off and in a very bright environment. So I don't care too much. If you're worried about them, make sure you always use a clean, damp cloth.

4. theberto thread starter macrumors member

theberto

yes, actually is visible with a clear background, but still is annoyng, it looks like a dust particle =(
    I really thought that a 3000€ computer screen would be a bit stronger

5. Sanpete macrumors 68020

Bummer. A sightly dampened clean microfiber or other very soft cloth won't scratch. A dry soft cloth is fine for softly removing dust. I haven't had any trouble with scratches over the years that way.