Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OMgLaZeRsPeWpEW

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
Philadelphia
Hi,

I have a small scuff on my monitor and was wondering if anyone knows any good screen cleaners or home remedies that won't harm my monitor and take away the blemish.

Thanks in advance!

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
You're likely going to make things worse by trying to fix it. Best to leave it alone, or replace the screen if it's really bothersome.

OMgLaZeRsPeWpEW

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
Philadelphia
You're likely going to make things worse by trying to fix it. Best to leave it alone, or replace the screen if it's really bothersome.

I was kinda afraid of that...Someone told me there is a solution that they use to wipe on screens that has micro-polymers in it that basically fills in the the damaged area and makes it look like new, anyone ever heard of this?

merl1n

macrumors 65816
Mar 30, 2008
New Jersey, USA
I was kinda afraid of that...Someone told me there is a solution that they use to wipe on screens that has micro-polymers in it that basically fills in the the damaged area and makes it look like new, anyone ever heard of this?

I have heard of this, but I think it is only for glass or hard plastic like they use in eyeglasses. I wouldn't recommend this for your monitor unless it is a CRT.

johnsy

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
It depends HOW big is a scratch or a scuff. I tried such liquid on real glass (not on a computer) and it was pretty much useless. Might be it was not good brand or whatever, but it was total waste of money. If scuff is small and not in critical location try to live with it, in any other case the best thing is to replace it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.