Scratched your iPhone 4 yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Aug 28, 2010.

1. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

I have :(

It looks much worse on cam than it is (hard to capture actually -- you have to be under a bright light and looking at the right angle). Dead on and in most lighting situations, you can't tell.

I don't even know how it got there. I've been rocking cases the whole time (mostly Geometric but rotated a bunch so maybe it was one of the other cases [ahem the new rough PixelSkin HD is really hard to get off] or when the phone was laid flat on the table and the guy installed Zagg sides which I removed immediately -- but no scratches elsewhere)

Oh well I guess first scratch is always the worst, and it probably won't be the last. I have serious OCD with electronics more so than anything else. It's a big issue considering its all just mass manufactured Chinese stuff anyways (even if it is really really cool).

[​IMG]

2. Pepper Pot macrumors member

3. mpossoff macrumors 68020

That's why I got the Zagg protection as soon as I got my iPhone. Videos show that you can scratch it with a key and screen won't scratch.

Marc

4. tigert07 macrumors regular

I'm using the power support protectors and the back protector is awesome to say the least. Prevents from scratches like the best. However is kind of a dust magnet. Well worth the money still IMO. You should purchase some sort of protection for it. Scratches annoy me soo much.

5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

6. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

I run bestskinsever protector on the back and naked on the front, no scratches yet. I can't stand protectors on the front screen, once I removed it I noticed how amazing the new iPhone 4 screen really looks lol

7. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

8. Solange82200 macrumors regular

I know how you feel. After having my iphone in a griffin wallet case since day one, I notice 5 weeks later that there are two scratches on the damn camera lens. I couldnt see the difference in some pics I took, but it still bothered me. I went and complained to Apple and showed them my receipt to kind of prove that I had bought my case at the same time I bought my phone, and they exchanged it for me. Im so happy now.

I know some people are going to flame me or say Im lying, but there is no reason why it should have gotten scratched like that. I had never dropped it, never had it out of its case except to clean it, I keep it in it's own front pocket in my purse, etc. I am worried it may happen to my new one, but I am being extra careful with it and have ordered new case for it. I am so much happier now that I have a scratch free one..

9. wickywahwah macrumors regular

I've only had mine for 3 weeks or so, but not a scratch yet. I'm not using a case yet (free one hasn't arrived), just carrying it in a microfiber pouch. if is set it down on a hard surface I make sure it has the pouch underneath it. I give it a good wipedown every night with a cleaning cloth to take care of fingerprints. I've been careful, but I'm still impressed as I cannot find even the most minute scratch in any lighting. i may just continue to go semi-nekked

10. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

Yeah honestly, looked at the back of a family member's iPhone 4, saw the smallest hairline scratch near the iPhone text. Not as noticeable as mine, but mine isn't really noticeable unless you're looking and reflecting bright lights onto the back and looking for a scratch.

I also realized the same family member's i4 has a bunch of scratches on the front (including a line going straight down) that I don't have.

But I found at least one confirmed speck of dust underneath the screen. So if it gets worse/other issues that are related to functionality come up, I have grounds for replacement.

But honestly, not worried about it. Especially when the novelty wears thinner and rumors of fifth gen start circulating. I'm always OCD with iPhones initially then it slows down a bit. Still going to take care of it, but it's a phone not the last living iPhone on earth that should be in a museum.

Thanks guys. To each his own.

11. iTouch macrumors 6502

Full body shield on mine since day one. No scratches yet. But I still haven't found a case for my iPhone 4 that I like. I think I will keep it as is.

12. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

What's even crazier about me babying the iphone to a whole new level (although a lot of people seem to have electronic OCD like me on this forum -- I only have OCD with electronics, it stinks) is that I get the new iPhones every year so it shouldn't matter much.

I'll bet you I could look at any iPhone and find a flaw someWHERE. even to people who report they have perfect phones.

13. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

No, I hope I don't anytime soon either. LOL

I rarely use the Camera and the Clarivue Anti-Glare screen protector (2x) I ordered was just for the front.

I'm not a fan of Case, learned from my BlackBerry 9700 that it will still scratch it/I can't bother taking it off every day just to clean it. Besides I like her naked/exposed.

So I used the other Clarivue and put it on the back. :cool: I do have a Silk Pouch for it.

14. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

had mine since day it was released, been using it naked no scratches on back or front.

15. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

No, it's in an Otterbox Defender case, therefore it's still pristine.

16. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

Put in a humongous case so you can't enjoy the pristineness until you resell it.

Even then, if it's in pretty good condition overall, it will sell faster jailbroken/unlocked than 100% mint and stock.

17. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I scratched mine on the front of the screen. I usually don't mind the scratches, but this one was so hard that I could see the rainbow effect on the screen. The screen came from my key card that I use at work. Long story short, I went to apple store and exchanged it with warranty. I had issues with my iphone 4 anyway, so they just let me exchanged it.

18. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

Yeah the rainbow effect might annoy me :(

But the back of the phone (stuffed in the geometric no less), not as much.

19. MacJones macrumors 6502

I have a scratch on the back which I can't see anymore because I got the SGP Carbon Fiber Skin Guard to go along with my Apple Bumper and one on the front that I noticed today. Not sure how it got there but I'm not worried about it because I don't notice it unless light hits it the right way with the screen off. My sister has her phone ghost armored and I'd much rather use the phone with a scratch than have that thing on my screen.

20. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I hot the speck candy case because it has a film that protects the camera and flash. The sales woman told me speck just re did their candy case with the film.

Marc

21. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I had my 3GS in a defender case. Now that I got the 4 I can't get myself using the otterbox defender. It defeats the purpose.

Marc

22. raguno macrumors newbie

raguno

I've been using mine naked for a month an loving it but today I got scared straight. I was walking back from the beach with my phone out while trying to carry a few other things when I tripped and almost sent my phone skidding down the blacktop like a hockey puck. Luckily my free case will arrive this week.

23. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

There's a tiny scratch on the back, barely 5cm in size, and it's only visible if you tilt the phone under extreme light conditions. Other than that, no, there are no scratches on my phone.

24. Salacion macrumors 6502a

Right from the get go, you should have paired the Bumper with an Invisible Shield for the back and front. No scratches, no anything.

25. p-rice macrumors regular

My iPhone 4 looks brand new still and I don't exactly baby it.