Scratches and dirt on 30" Apple Cinema Displays?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by 2contagious, Aug 3, 2010.

1. 2contagious macrumors 6502a

2contagious

Hi,

Is anyone else having scratches and dirt on their 30" ACDs (on the bezel.. straight out of the box). I wanted to buy one since they're being discontinued.. I have already replaced one because it came with scratches.. but the replacement has scratches and dirt as well :confused: Should I maybe order online instead?

2c.

edit: two scratches at the bottom of the bezel.. one to the left of the apple logo and one to the right. one scratch line at the bottom left of the bezel (only sometimes visible). tiny scratch on base. dark scratch at the top left of the bezel. dirt all over the cable and at the back of the monitor and the top.

2. crashnburn macrumors 6502

3. 2contagious thread starter macrumors 6502a

2contagious

1199 pounds in the UK, 995 pounds for university students.

4. 2contagious thread starter macrumors 6502a

2contagious

5. mangrove macrumors 6502

Get the NEW IPS HPZR30w. It even has a matte screen and comes with a 3 year warranty expandable to 5 years. Also comes with every cable you need except for mini displayport. I got a displayport to miniDP for US$15 at KanexLive.

6. Transporteur macrumors 68030

Got two of those, both in perfect condition. Scratches are not acceptable for that price.
    Did you buy refurb or new?

7. 2contagious thread starter macrumors 6502a

2contagious

new from an apple retail store.. have exchanged it twice since. All three screens had scratches and dirt on them from manufacturing :( I got a refund and am thinking about ordering online now.. did you order yours online or did you get it from an apple store?

8. Transporteur macrumors 68030

9. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

i bought mine from the apple store and it was mint

10. 2contagious thread starter macrumors 6502a

2contagious

wow, now I am pissed off.. :mad: .. I just received the one I ordered from the Apple Online store.. same thing.. the box was full of dirt and looked pretty beat up. I opened it hoping the screen would be fine, but it was actually worse than the others.. loads of gunk all over the bezel (rubbed off), but also some scratches.. I called them up to get a refund and he suggested I should order on amazon next time (???). what the hell happened to apple?

11. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Go buy one in store and say can you check it instore before you take the effort of taking it home.

12. 2contagious thread starter macrumors 6502a

2contagious

That's what I would do if I hadn't already done that..:( the problem is that all of them seem to have scratches and dirt on them :mad:

13. 2contagious thread starter macrumors 6502a

2contagious

Okay, the time has come for me to decide. Which 30" should I get.. I have ordered a Mac Pro 3.33 Hexacore and want to get a 30" display for it.

Has anybody else experienced problems with dirt / scratches on the 30" ACDs?
    Am I the only one??! :confused: I really wanted the ACD before they discontinue it.. :(