Scratches & Clear Film Opinions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rick3000, Jun 27, 2009.

1. rick3000 macrumors 6502a

rick3000

So I am returning my defective MBP for a new one Monday, but have a concern for my replacement. I have had this computer for two days and the bottom already has a few scratches/scuffs. I've treated this thing perfectly, and cannot figure out how these scratches got their.
    Are the unibody MBP's really this susceptible to scratches?
    Will sliding a computer on a desk cause this, even though they have rubber feet?
    Will clear film help? Is it worth $50, or should I just deal with the inevitable?
    Thanks!

2. lavinci macrumors 6502

Just sliding the laptop will do it, but I don't understand why you would slide it when all you have to do is set it down. I don't think you should be too worried about it because no one really looks at the bottom and I doubt that you would spend time looking at the bottom too. I think you should definitely take care of the areas your palm sits on, the trackpad, and the screen which is made of glass.

3. 5DollaFootlong macrumors 6502

5DollaFootlong

my unibody macbook also has about 4 scratches on the bottom. I have treated it with absolute care; i guess it's just the nature of the aluminum to lightly scratch. the more i use my macbook, the more i realize that each scratch is a battle scar, and i should be proud of my workhorse. regarding your clear film, i honestly doubt you'll see a big difference with the protective layer. you could get a plastic case by incase or speck, but that would defeat the purpose of having an aluminum computer.