Scratches even with case!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Dmac77, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

God I am so pissed!

My iPhone is just over a month old, and I've had it in a Incase Slider since day one. I have been cleaning my phone at least once a day, and there are still scratches. I just need to vent. I should have kept it naked! Does anyone know a way to diminish the appearance of the scratches? If it matters, I've been cleaning the phone with iKlear.

EDIT: Will I be better off leaving the phone naked from now on?

Thanks!

Don

2. slapppy macrumors 65816

Like I've said before, all those hard shell, silicone, jackets, clear, polycarbonate, acrylic, sliders, snap on two piece will scratch the iPhone. Chrome and all. The Neo with the condom will not scratch it.

3. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Easy there.. scratches are really unavoidable no matter what but by the looks of your post it seems like yours is somewhat very noticeable(?)

My iPhone right now, is on IS back and sometimes placed on a Neo sometimes not. So far the only scratches I had was the chrome bezel near the dock adapter, because of charging. Neo won't scratch yours but will definitely add bulk.

I only clean my iPhone with a micro fiber cloth, around once a week. So far no noticeable scratches against a white iPhone back.

P.S:
    Sorry to go off a little bit but I just want to say congratulations to you for your story, truly amazing.

4. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

The chrome is going to scratch with or without a case, it's very minor and you have to angle the damn thing against the light to even see them. People need to just accept that every Iphone on the planet has some minor scratch on it. You are not alone.

:)

5. kicko macrumors 65816

I think taking the phone in and out of the case often is asking for more trouble, then just leaving it on and forgetting about it.

I really wanted a slider but i have held off, on the bright side.. if you leave the slider on you wont see the scratches.

6. Dmac77 thread starter macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Well, it's not so much the chrome that's scratched, but the black plastic. It just really ticks me off. Sorry to go of like a raving lunatic:eek:

@ Rayfire- Could you by chance post a link to the Neo?

Thanks!

Don

7. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Of course. Here is the forum that discusses the Neo, while this is the product link.