Scratches, how reseliant is the alum?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Jshwon, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Jshwon macrumors 6502

Jshwon

I just bought a new 13" aluminum MacBook and I'm in the process of finding the right case/bag combo. My question is does the aluminum scratch easily on these? Right now I am carrying it in my Swiss backpack but the inside is not cloth. Its not really abrasive but its not like cotton either. I plan to get a new bag for it anyways but wanted something over the shoulder style with a cloth/suede interior. Something with a little style and not too geeky.

Is anyone going with a combo incase sleeve/bag or is there a bag out there like I'm looking for?

2. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Check out mac-case.com. They got some messenger bag/sleeve combos and they are specifically designed for the Mac. Good quality also.

My friends new 2.0 alu Macbook has a few scratches on it and he didn't abuse it. Aluminum scratches like most things. I wouldn't worry about it though.

3. Jshwon thread starter macrumors 6502

Jshwon

Cool, I'll check these out. I though about getting invisible shield but changed my mind becaues I'd rather feel the metal. It takes away from the product I think.

4. Storm Shadow macrumors regular

also worth checking out AppleSac.

They make some really good looking unique sleeves that are all lined with soft fleece.

Ordered mine last weds and it arrived from Salt Lake City to the UK today. Its really good.

5. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

I would go with the incase sleeves, their nice and fit well.

6. richorlin macrumors regular

Incase has a nice sleeve with a shoulder strap

Incase has a nice sleeve with a shoulder strap. ($59)

http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/13-nylon-sleeve-plus-cl57065

The inside is a nice soft velour material. It won't scratch the Macbook.
    Not much for protection if you drop it, though. For that, I would go with a Brenthaven Metro Lite ($79)

I have both and I like the incase because it fits exactly, but I don't take my MAcbook outside very often. If I travelled a lot I would go with Brenthaven.

7. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

I can say from experience that the aluminum scratches very easily on these nacbooks.

8. Philflow macrumors 65816

9. mrrish macrumors regular

mrrish

I have the $59 incase with strap. Has plenty of large pockets, meshed pockets, a hook, a large back pocket, and the computer fits PERFECTLY into it.