Scratches on rMBP screen-

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Superman041, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Superman041 macrumors 6502

I've been using the cloth that comes with the macbook pro retina, but noticed three scratches on the screen when dimmed all the way down. This is terrible that the screen scratches this easily when I wipe all the dust etc off it

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If the cloth is dry, its very possible that the debris from the screen will scratch the screen - use a moist cloth to avoid scratching it.

3. Woodcrest64 macrumors 65816

Woodcrest64

Count me in. I have two hair line scratches on my 2012 rMBP's screen. I used a special cleaning cloth but it must of had a piece of sand or something on it and it scratched my screen.

You cannot repair it with those scratch repair kits because it polishes the screen which would leave the area of your screen glossy.

I've gotten over it but if it really bugs you and you got the money you can have Apple replace the screen :|

4. ohbrilliance macrumors 6502a

ohbrilliance

Likewise. I have a tiny scratch, just a dot. It looks to be the size of a retina pixel appearing as a tiny black dot when viewing a light background.

5. Superman041 thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually its around about 5, the further I analyse it the more i'm find or guess there'll be more.

It irritating especially with my OCD:eek:

6. Woodcrest64 macrumors 65816

Woodcrest64

I was the same when I found mine. After a while though you will forget about it. I can live with it. I couldn't live with the image retention when I first got my rMBP so I ended up getting Apple to fix that. That drove me crazy.