Scratches on screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by trance728, Oct 18, 2007.

1. trance728 macrumors member

has anyone figured out how to get rid of some minor scratches on the touch's screen? i have about 8 tiny surface scratches on my screen that i have no idea how they got there (possibly some sand in my pocket) and i would like to remove them before putting on a screen protector. so just curious if anyone has had this problem and found a solution.

2. derryquinn macrumors 6502

derryquinn

Why have you got sand in your pocket ???:confused:???

3. solyd macrumors regular

Maybe he went to the beach? It doesn't really matter...the fact is he has scratches on his screen that he'd like to get rid of.

If you think about it, it's impossible to remove scratches since it's a part of the glass that's already missing. You might try those infomercial products on TV like Lens Doctor RX and such, if they do what they're supposed to do (which is fill in the scratches with polymers), then it should work.

4. trance728 thread starter macrumors member

are we positive that its glass? and i live in southern california, im at the beach alot

5. solyd macrumors regular

Yes the top layer of the screen is indeed glass.

6. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Please never get your Touch anywhere near the Lens Doctor product. You'll be very sorry.

http://www.infomercialscams.com/scams/lens_doctor

7. roshie macrumors newbie

No solution at all. Don't bother. I had my touch scratched up but I "accidentally" broke it by using the TIFF exploit and told the geniuses that it won't sync. Got it replaced.

8. trance728 thread starter macrumors member

itll be 30 days on the 24th can i still do that, and how exactly does loading the tiff mess up anything, i thought it just crashes safari, how can i crash my ipod to be able to exchange it?

9. lordjonny macrumors regular

lordjonny

when you use the tiff exploit but dont complete the jailbreak, ur ipod becomes unsyncable and also has a ridiculusly small amount of space :D

i dont know whether this fixes on restore but i presume they asked the previous poster to do so and it didnt work however restoreing a jailbreaked ipod does take it back to normal :S give it ago, no harm no fowl;)

10. brendanryder macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

lol

i read all the post and scrolled down tosee the google ad for invisible shield
    lol

11. trance728 thread starter macrumors member

yea quite ironic dont u think

12. roshie macrumors newbie

A simple restore via iTunes does not work if you do the TIFF exploit. You have to force the iPod into recovery mode to fix it properly.

So, if the genius is smart enough to do that, you're screwed. If the genius knows about how this exploit works, you're screwed. I took the opportunity to do it the first day the TIFF exploit came out. Get a refund, it's your best chance of a new start.

13. trance728 thread starter macrumors member

14. trance728 thread starter macrumors member

heres a nice picture for everyone, theyre not crazy bad but id prefer it if they werent there

[​IMG]

15. roshie macrumors newbie

If you bought it within 14 days of getting it, then you can get a refund. If it's been used, you have to pay a 10% restocking fee if you bought it from the apple store.

16. trance728 thread starter macrumors member

its almost at the 30 day mark, oh well maybe someone will figure out how to get rid of them.