Scratches on the bottom :(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JuJu, Mar 19, 2008.

1. JuJu macrumors newbie

Just saw THREE pretty bad scratches at the bottom case. Had no idea how that happened. Wondering if anyone could give me some tips to "minimize" or remove them. Thanks guys.

2. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

This stuff is good for metal or plastic

3. JuJu thread starter macrumors newbie

Follow up

Does it really work? Have you tried? It says on the website "Not recommended for use on metal body of the latest generation of iPods."... I'm confused.

4. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

Just curious but how often do you look at the bottom of your laptop?

5. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Yes i've tried it and yes it works,not tried it deep scratches though

6. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Ya, me too, and if you feel the need to remove them than that is cool that you care that it looks like new, but when would you ever need to worry about the scratches being visible on the bottom of the computer, I have a pretty decent scratch on the bottom of my MacBook, and it doesn't bother me one bit. But I have heard from other members in the past here that the stuff linked to does work a little bit.

7. JuJu thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot. I'd give it a try... There are two light scratches and one deep one. I know it's at the bottom, but now that I noticed it, I just feel coo coo about it.

8. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

Welcome to the world of owning an Apple product. They're pretty rugged for what they are, but when they do get a scratch boy... you notice it. Not because they're not scratch-resistant enough, but because we love our hardware, and want only the best for it.

A few weeks into owning my 17" PowerBook, the writing piece of a ball point pen (don't ask) got stuck under my PowerBook and left some DEEP scratches.

You will learn to live with scratches on your lovely hardware. There is no way to avoid them really. Chicks (and dudes) dig battle scars anyway.

9. JuJu thread starter macrumors newbie

FYI, this is my first mac (low end Pro) - bought it only a week ago. I'm just a little bummed out.

10. lego8 macrumors regular

lego8