Scratches on the Invisible Shield

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ucsdmac, Jul 25, 2008.

1. ucsdmac macrumors 6502

ucsdmac

I put a full body invisible shield on my iphone 3g as soon as I stepped out of the Apple store. Recently, I have noticed that there are straight line scratches on the screen and it shows as a pinkish color. In order to test if this is from the shield or that my iphone has dead pixels, I used my fingernails to draw a straight line on the shield, and it then shows up as a scratch with a pinkish color. Can anyone with a shield test this to see if its just me? What should I do because its starting to be very distracting?

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

Doesn't the IS come with a lifetime guarantee? I say contact them and request a replacement. I'm sure they won't have any problems doing so (though I'm not sure if you'll need proof of purchase).

Edit: More info on IS's lifetime guarantee...

http://www.zagg.com/support/guarantee.php

3. ucsdmac thread starter macrumors 6502

ucsdmac

Yeah I'm aware of the lifetime warranty and also theres a kiosk pretty close to my house so i can just go out there. But I was only wondering if anyone else experience this or if there's a quick remedy for it before I go out and exchange it? Because if this is how easy it is to "scratch" an invisible shield then its hardly worth it. These things are really noticeable when you are looking at a bright screen.