Scratches on the Screen Itself...gahh

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Luigi239, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

My 3 week old iPod touch has some scratches on the screen. Most are light and can't be seen when turned on, so I don't care about those, but one is like a little square one, that shows up especially when viewing light colors.

I know it sounds minor, but it is very distracting, and I thought that this thing was supposed to be scratch proof? I haven't abused the iPod at all. The only thing I do is wrap headphones around the it, but that shouldn't cause scratches. Should I bring it into Apple? I just don't want them throwing me out laughing for this, but to me, it is a big deal.

Thanks.

EDIT: It is not a dead pixel, because I can see this mark when it is turned off.

2. ds252 macrumors regular

Hey can't hurt if you go into apple, but the screen is not 100% scratch proof, things can scratch it.

3. Luigi239 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, but through normal use?

Its a big mark right in the center of the screen. It people can scratch it with razor blades with no problems, why can't it stand my pocket with nothing else but headphones in it?

4. cwolves macrumors regular

literally nothing is 100% scratch proof. The touch screen is just normal glass which doesnt scratch all that easily but will still scratch. A simple grain of sand in your pocket with the touch will scratch the screen quite a bit.

5. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Weird, I make a point of trying to scratch my screen when im bored (ive taken keys to it, scratched it with a sharp zipper) and it remains indomitable. maybe I should stop doing that

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

lol that is a weird habit if i do say so myself!

7. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

I thought the screen was pretty resilient too - which is why I initially only put my Invisible Shield on the back. And then - a couple of weeks ago I found a light scratch on the front screen! Had no idea how it got there.

Anyhow - I decided to put my Invisible Shield on the front as I didn't want it getting scratched anymore and... Lo and Behold!!! the scratch is no longer visible!!! :D

Don't know if it's the way the light is refracting now with the IS on but I can no longer see the scratch. Granted, it was only very light but it definitelty was there as I could just about feel it with my fingernail.

Anyhow - it's worth trying as I guess you'll want to buy some form of protection for your touch now.

Rod.

8. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

You should add 4 $100 bills to your avatar. :rolleyes:

9. Kyle Maurer macrumors newbie

Haha, I have never once scrached it purpously, lol.
    The back however, is there a way to make that not get scratched? in a pocket? :apple: