Scratches on white macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by harrymohan, Jan 26, 2008.

1. harrymohan macrumors member

Hi guys,
    recently I am doing quite a lot of traveling and with me goes my 2.5 months old macbook, the thing is I keep it in Neoprene cover and then in my Laptop bag (Targus) and still it manages to get scratched there are N number of line running parallel vertically, If one need to see them just tilt it under light and it shows?

Is white macbook so sensitive to scratches :confused::eek::mad:

2. MacDude415 macrumors member

MacDude415

I keep very good care of my computer, but I can see the scratches on my MacBook in certain light some times. I think its just the quality of the plastic, and your not really going to be able to do much about it. I just try to ignore it.

3. cygni macrumors regular

cygni

Yes, the plastic scratches a bit , much more so than the iBooks.
    I was thinking the glossy coating may not be as thick.

But, could it be a zipper or seam scratching the case? If you really do not like the wear showing, you can buy a smooth-on covering to prevent scratches.

4. letswastetime macrumors regular

the only thing i can think of is buying a speck see-thru hard case to protect it.

but i do think all macbooks are going to have scratches, i know mine has plenty and i take great care of it.

5. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

Think of it as a battle you will never win. Kind of avoiding rock chips with your car bumper. As much as you want to avoid them it will happen.

6. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

It's not that the MacBook scratches easily per se; rather, high-gloss surfaces simply show scratches more than others.

It's a battle you simply can't win. I'm really picky about the condition of a product when I receive it (trust me!), but you must accept that if you use something it'll get scratched, dinged, etc. Oddly enough, such blemishes don't bother me at all, as long as it didn't come that way when I bought it.

In short, use your products and enjoy them. Scratches simply add character! :)

7. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

Can I get an Amen!?

8. harrymohan thread starter macrumors member

yeah, I dont really care abt scratches much since I dont have this thing in my mind "will it affect if I go for selling", I dont give a damn abt it, but it just like a new car, even u r driving right still u r seeing scratching on the body of it!! :cool:

9. BioChron macrumors regular

BioChron

Yeah, even with care I had trouble with scratching. The plastic isn't near as durable as the casing of the Pro Macs, I think.