Scratches or smudges on unibody glass screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sound Evolution, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Sound Evolution macrumors 6502

Dear unibody users,

Next week I will receive my new macbook pro 17" unibody 3,06Ghz. :D (I can't sleep from excitement! :D)

But I do have an question. My old powerbook g4 and my macbook air get some scratches and smudges on the screen from the (oily) keys that touch the screen.

I was wondering if this problem still exist with the glass screens?

I am NOT a pro :D so I ordered the glossy glass screen... I love glossy :D

If I refer to my iphone, it is in a case with the screen full with oil, finger prints and dust in touch with the surface of the case, but my iphone glass screen is still brand new.

So my questions is, is there anyone who can report who got scratches or permanent smudges on the screen?

With best regards,
    Bas

2. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

I havent had any issues yet with scratches on the screen or smudges from the keyboard. really smudges and stuff on the glossy/glass isnt that big of a deal as its not touching the actual lcd so its easier to clean and dont have to use too many chemicals either.

the only scratching i noticed is i have brushed/chicken scratches on the palm areas below thekeyboard and next to the track pad even though i used a palm gaurd and never wore jewelry or anything of the sort using the notebook,im wondering if something else managed to scrape it evenly across the top..

otherwise i think you should be worry free and good to go.
    im kind of irked the updated specs of the baseline model for the process + 500gb and lowered price but ah well...im wondering if apple is taking cues form those half assed M$ ads :p

3. Sound Evolution thread starter macrumors 6502

So no need for a screen protector sheet between the screen and keyboard?

4. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

its not necessary from my use, but i tend to keep a microfiber form the iKlear cleaner with my notebook so i always wipe down my keys as the black does pick up oils pretty well.
    but havent noticed any transfer to the screen at all.