Scratching Zagg on Purpose

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cnguyen0320, Sep 25, 2012.

1. cnguyen0320 macrumors regular

So I bought my Zagg Invisible Shield on Amazon and took it to Best Buy and asked them to apply it for me. The guy asked me for $15 so I was like okay fine. He applied it and it looked fine at first so I took it home and in a couple of hours, bubbles were popping up all over the place. It was terrible. There's basically bubbles every square inch. So I take it back to Best Buy and obviously I don't find the same guy... Anyway, the best buy employees tell me they won't refund the product and Zagg doesn't cover application flaws.

As far as I know, the InvisibleShield HD can't be reapplied and from what others have said, reapplying will make it worse or not do anything at all. There is a Zagg kiosk close to me at a mall. If I scratch the protector on purpose, they should give me a replacement because it is full lifetime and its no questions asked. Anyway has anyone else had to do this due to terrible application?

2. nhlducks35 macrumors regular

Doesn't it take time for the bubbles to disappear?

3. cnguyen0320 thread starter macrumors regular

At first it was bubble free then 3 hrs later it was filled with large bubbles not the tiny ones. Its been about 3 days though and theyre still there so...

4. appswipe macrumors 6502

Pictures? I've installed dozens of these and never saw bubbles show up after a bubble free installation. So I'm curious what happened.

Anyway, the lifetime replacement usually involves mailing it in and paying shipping back. And it doesn't cover cost of having someone reapply it for you so I think your best bet is to just talk to a manager at best buy. If its as bad as you say then it wouldn't make sense for you to go through any more hassles.

5. Che Castro macrumors 603

Use a credit card and squeeze the bubbles out

6. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Pull it off and return it to Zagg. They'll send a new one for the price of postage.

7. guineapig macrumors regular

If there are bubbles, then it was not applied correctly.
    First thing I'd do is find the guy who misplaced it and demand my money back.
    He didn't give you the service you paid for.
    Then, when you'll get your new film, there are plenty of video tutorials out there, so I would think about making some effort and doing it yourself. ;)

8. cnguyen0320 thread starter macrumors regular

Ill try to get some pictures but ive already talked to the manager. If i do take the shield to the kiosk, they will process the replacement for me. I forget if it is with or without shipping though

9. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

This. I hate ZAGG but they do have a pretty good return/warranty plan. Just go to their website and fill out the warranty form and they'll send out a replacement set to you. They did this for me for my iPod Classic and iPad 3 back skins.

I hate wet installs of screen protectors/skins as they're a little more time intensive then a normal application. But, after about a day or so, the bubbles on my devices went away.

P.S. DON'T ever let any employee from Best Buy do anything for you. If they're like the ones I got here in DC, they're complete morons.

10. xAgustinx macrumors regular

xAgustinx

After install zagg, you should wait 12 hours without using your gadgdet.

Usually, after 24-48 hrs. the little bubbles disappear, of course, if you installed it correctly.

In your case, i think that it wasn't installed correctly.

11. taipan61 macrumors 6502

take it off, clean your screen and use naked!:eek:

12. boriscolombia macrumors member

take it to the zagg kiosk, they will replace it and install it for 10 plus tax, dont pay zagg postage to then have to pay someone to install it for you. I take my iphone's shield every two months and pay them $5 to get it replaced so it always looks nice.