Scratchy audio from Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by btdubz, Mar 15, 2011.

1. btdubz macrumors newbie

I have a 2008 Macbook, the black one with a 250 GB hard drive and 4 GB RAM. Everything has been great with my macbook up until this week or last, the audio that comes from itunes, websites, notices, it's all scratchy. I thought it was only the built-in speakers at first but even with headphones plugged it the audio is terrible sounding.

This isn't a huge problem, but I do want to make my Macbook last as long as possible. It's still got a few years left in it!

Is there any troubleshooting I can try or should I schedule a repair? I'm still covered under the Apple warranty.

2. tug macrumors 6502

when you say its "scratchy" do you mean the high frequency's or across the whole spectrum like say a vinyl thats covered in finger prints, the reason i ask is cos mine does the same in the highs, i cut the 16k band out altogether, but its still there on some tracks faintly. it is very annoying, i know how you feel.
    sorry can't help with a solution, hopefully some of the great guys here might have some ideas