Screaming fast

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by crazycat, Aug 6, 2007.

1. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

I have decided to get a new Mac Pro to use for my new office, i decided to use VMWare instead of another computer which i will need. I lost a 5kg (5 more to go), i did well on investments and i feel good.

Anyway i got myself a Quad MacPro with 8GB or RAM and all the goodies that comes with it. I was setting it up, i wanted to get everything done fast so I was playing WoW to make sure it works, was in VMWare installing updates, burning a DVD, watching a movie and had 6 apps open in OSX and 3-4 in VMWare. The things that amazes me is that i was using 30% on my RAM and 25% of my cpu :). I could have not do that with any other computer on the market.

The MacPro scream(add 10 more m's)ing fast.

2. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Oh yeah man, this is the fastest computer that I have ever worked on. I have the 3.0 Quad Mac Pro with 9GB RAM (8GB OWC + 1GB Stock) and it's screaming fast like you mentioned.

I do a lot of processor intensive work (motion graphics) and this thing screams in CS3 Production Premium

3. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

lol, I wish my G5 iMac could do that. Oh well, I still love it.

4. DZL macrumors regular

5. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

The OP said he got a new quad-core Mac Pro so it's obviously the high end 3.0GHz model.

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

oh man im sooo jealous!! i love my mbp and all. but just hearing that u have the macpro makes me want to work non-stop for 2 years to save up $13k for one!!!! hmph

glad u like ur investment!

7. crazycat thread starter macrumors 65816

crazycat

Thats right.