Screen and back protector, what you think about?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jjforums, Jul 5, 2013.

1. jjforums macrumors newbie

All phones I had I never used screen protector and never had problem, but it's commom to see iPhone usera suggesting to use things like that. I just bought a case that comes with a screen protector but placed it wrong and I threw it away because it could be used only once. Now I'm thinking about buying another screen and back protector.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its like a religious debate, some swear by them others do not.

I prefer them because it keeps my phone in pristine condition for selling. Others think they're not needed.

It boils down to personal preference - you want it, then its a good thing. If you don't want it then don't get it.

I get ghost armor and have them install the screen protector - it saves me the headaches of trying to do it myself.

3. takeshi74, Jul 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2013

takeshi74 macrumors 601

As always, it's a matter of personal preference. There are existing threads on the debate. There are also existing threads on the various options out there. What are you specifically looking for in a screen protector? What's your budget?

It's also common to see people suggesting not using them. Random posts don't really mean anything. You have to do what works for you.

4. jjforums thread starter macrumors newbie

I want to pay US$ 30 +-, what do you suggest?

5. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I have these:
    Tech Armor iPhone 5 Premium High Definition (HD) Clear Screen Protector [3-Pack] - Retail Packaging
    http://amzn.com/B008THTTUI

Here is a front+back package:
    MiniSuit Front + Back Ultra Clear Screen Protector for iPhone 5 (Full Body Skin 3x Pack)
    http://amzn.com/B00A7BBGAK

VERY cheap ones:
    Clear 5 X Front and Back LCD Screen Protector Cover for New Apple iPhone 5G
    http://amzn.com/B009C6KFE4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

6. MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

I'm using the Belkin anti-glare screen protectors that the Apple store sells. In addition, I'm using the three piece rear protectors from media devil. That's a good setup for me. Not "nude" since I have front and back protectors on but not encased either.

7. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

I'm using a Best Skins Ever matte back and side wraps on my iPhone. Feels just like the phone's naked, but gives me piece of mind knowing it won't be scratched.

8. jjforums thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks for replies, I'm going to buy one of these.